Debt Collection Agent
The Collections Agent will be responsible for contacting and collecting payments from existing customers who have failed to make a payment on their contractual due date. You will be responsible for conducting accurate assessments of a customer financial circumstances to determine if the customer is in financial difficulties and setting up affordable repayment plans.
- Maintain a highly professional and informative manner in all dealings with customers
- Effectively deal with inbound and outbound calls
- Chase outstanding payments from early, mid and late collections
- Complete income and expenditure assessments with clients struggling to meet re-payments
- Follow up on re-payment promises
- Data Input – updating the CRM with full accurate notes and add any correspondence from debt management customers
- Collecting debt owed from clients and handling card payments
- Act in accordance with FCA guidelines at all times
- Co-operate with Managers and carry out any duties as requested.
- Any other responsibility required to perform the role.
These responsibilities may change depending on the business requirements
As this role requires customer interaction, we expect some common specifications in our agents.
- Previous experience in a collections role/ strong telephone based role
- Ability to empathise with customers struggling to make re-payments
- Computer literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work using own initiative and motivation
- Demonstrate flexibility in busy times where possible.
- Willingness to adapt to change.
- Willing to learn new things by the trainings provided by the organisation
Job Type: Full-time
Corbital – England & Wales
25 The Strand
Number – 11036509
Corbital – Scotland
Unit 4 Stevenston Industrial Estate
Number – SC622842
Corbital – Ireland
8 Priory Office Park
Number – 628147